|“||We're gonna have a bionic baby!||”|
— Adam in The Vanishing
Adam Charles Davenport (formerly known as Subject A) is a main character on Lab Rats. He is the oldest out of the four and possesses Super Strength, making him the strongest out of the four siblings and everyone else in the world. He also has Heat Vision/Laser Vision, and during episodes such as Bionic Showdown, he discovers new hidden abilities. Adam is currently 19 years old.
He is portrayed by Spencer Boldman.
Adam isn't the brightest of them all, but he does have his moments when he is shown to have good ideas.
Adam still teases Chase and Leo about their height. Adam takes more care about of his family, and becomes more responsible. He also gets smarter, to where Chase called him a genius. He got his first hidden ability in Bionic Showdown. In season 2 Parallel Universe, Adam is a part of the Henderson family. Instead of being bionic and strong he is a nerd, the opposite of him in the main Lab Rats universe.
Adam, along with Chase and Bree, continue to be mentors at the Davenport Bionic Academy. They also continue to battle new, and old, enemies. They also find out that they have another brother, Daniel. At the end of season 4, Adam chooses to stay at the academy with Leo.
He is a very dimwitted guy who almost never thinks anything through. He has very low intelligence, which is different from his strength as he is brawn rather than brains, which is also the opposite if compared to his younger brother, Chase. He takes a lot of things that people tell him in a literal context and does not get the metaphor or allusion behind what people tell him, and sometimes he understands things immediately, but at the wrong time. His stupidity annoys a lot of people including Leo, Bree, and Chase. He also is easily angered, which often triggers glitches. However, he is a very caring, lovable, fun-loving, goofy and comical guy.
He is very friendly, kind, and is shown to care for others. In addition, despite him not being very intelligent, he is shown at times to be brighter than others give him credit for, such as in the episode Leo vs Evil, in which he resolved the problem caused by the teleporter with a solution no one else had thought of. Because of this, Adam thinks very simple which is sometimes the key of solving the conflicts the team faces. In Smart and Smarter, he helped Chase win the election for student of the semester, but Chase didn't recognize his efforts, which then lead him to run against him. He thinks like a little kid, but knows what people want. He also has a somewhat impish sense of humor, and despite his lack of intelligence can be quite snarky at times. He can never understand sarcasm, as in Leo's Jam, when their plan to get Danielle as Leo's date backfires, Leo says, "Great plan, Chase," and Adam answers, "What are you talking about? That didn't go at all like we hoped." He also has a big appetite, which he calls as his Incredible Edibles. Even though he's not very bright, he knows how to be fair, such as in Death Spiral Smackdown, where Leo teamed up with him so he can use his bionics to win, however, he told Leo that it is not fair and that it is wrong to use bionics in a competition.
Throughout the series, Adam has shown a love for many different types of farm animals. He would like a pet pig, and he also brought in a horse, then later a llama. He also claims that will always brake for cows.
Although normally harmless, Adam does possess a destructive temper, and if pushed to his limits, he can be quite dangerous. He has an interesting relationship with his siblings, as he commonly demonstrates a casual disrespect for his younger brother, Chase, and has no problems throwing him through the air or reminding him how casually he can overpower him. However, he genuinely cares for him, and dives into action if Chase is ever hurt or threatened. As Leo's step-brother, he is very kind to him and plays with him a lot. Just like his biological siblings, he cares about Leo and will stand up for him as often as possible. He also normally annoys Bree, but seems to have a better relationship with her; he quit the cheerleading squad when he caught the other cheerleaders making fun of her. If he sees Bree or Chase being bullied by the other kids at school, Adam will stand up for them. As such, in the episode, Taken, when Krane shoots a fireball at Bree, Adam gets really angry and pushes him under the lab and starts to punch and beat Krane up with his super strength. He also does his best to protect them; for example, in Parallel Universe, upon being told Donald's new device could gravely injure them, Adam quickly pushed both Bree and Chase behind him.
- Main article: Bradam
Bree is Adam's younger sister. He's softer towards her than with everyone else. They have a strong relationship and will always be there for each other. These two tease each other at times and they sometimes fight or argue. They care deeply about each other and will help each other out in any way they can. He always shows that he cares about her a lot. In Three Minus Bree, Adam attempted to take Bree to Australia to make her happy. In Taken, when Krane threw Bree to the wall, Adam yelled "Bree!" and attacked Krane. In Bionic Action Hero, when Bree told Adam he had to destroy her and Troy, Adam told her "I can't." He was the last and most reluctant to hurt her. In One of Us, Adam threw Bree a party when her friends didn't show up to her party and Bree was touched.
- Main article: Chadam
Chase is Adam's younger brother. Upon being siblings, they fight a lot. They pull pranks on each other and use their bionics on each other. They often insult each other, mostly contrasting Chase's physical attributes against his, but they always forgive each other in the end and will be there for each other. Chase finds Adam rather annoying at times, but will find him sincere too. They enjoy teaming up to prank Bree. They'll argue and bicker, which makes their friendship strong. Adam has shown to be jealous of Chase sometimes such as in Spike Fright, when Chase got a date with Sabrina, Adam became jealous and sabotaged the date by turning Chase into Spike. In Bionic Action Hero, Adam told Bree that he never told Chase that he actually loved Chase as a brother.
- Main article: Adeo
Leo is Adam's Step-Cousin/Adoptive Step-Brother. They have a brotherly friendship and are always there for each other. They do argue and insult each other sometimes, but in the end, they'll be there for each other, no matter what. In Bionic Showdown, Adam discovers his hidden ability when Marcus was about to kill Leo. These two care about each other and will always help each other out, in any way they can. In Season 4, they are still very close friends.
- Main article: Adonald
Donald is Adam's biological uncle and adoptive father. They'll always be there for each other and help each other out. Adam tends to tease and insult Donald sometimes, like calling him "Pasty Legs Davenport" in Dude, Where's My Lab?. Donald does question Adam's intentions as well. Donald is also protective of Adam. But aside from the bickering or insulting, they really do care each other.
After receiving a new chip in The Vanishing, Adam had his bionics upgraded; now they are 10 times more powerful than before.
- Super Strength: Although all of the lab rats seem to be somewhat stronger than normal people, Adam is the strongest of them all. Strength is his primary power; he can do things such as effortlessly lift another person, catch a ventilation fan, smash a boulder the size of a car to rubble with a single punch, easy crush a ball with his strong, powerful hands or even stop a bullet train. He is not discomforted by heavyweight or a need to balance large objects, holding them one-handedly without dropping them. The only known materials hard enough to resist Adam's super strength are carbonex and ultra-strength titanium. However, he was able to accidentally knock out The Crusher, who is the strongest man in the universe, by flinging a dumbbell backward and it hit him in the head.
- Heat Vision: He can produce beams of heat energy from his eyes. He can apparently control the intensity, as he has used this ability for a variety of uses, ranging from welding metal to simply heating food. His eyes turn red immediately before using this power. He can fire an extremely potent laser or fire beams from his eyes.
- Flame Vision: Though it was originally shown as a glitch in Crush, Chop, and Burn, Adam can shoot beams of flames out of his eyes intentionally. (Taken, and You Posted What?!?).
- Super Durability: Adam is more durable than a normal person; lasers that would kill a normal person will only stun him. However, he's not invincible, and can still be harmed by excessive force. It is shown in another reality, that he was killed by a large, collapsing ceiling.
- Resistance to Extreme Temperatures: In Rats on a Train, Donald says that thanks to genetic engineering, Adam, Bree, and Chase are more suited to handle extreme climates.
- Plasma Grenades: Adam can shoot balls of electricity from his hands (although it was only shown three times - Crush, Chop and Burn, Air Leo, and The Jet-Wing). However, the only times he has been witnessed using this ability were during glitches. An example of this was in the episode The Jet-Wing, he glitched due to not being in his capsule for a long time and destroyed the school's water cooler with this power. Adam's Blast Wave ability is related to this.
- Blast Wave: In the episode Bionic Showdown, when Marcus was about to kill Leo, Adam becomes infuriated and gains the energy for the blast that nearly kills Marcus. When first accessing this power, his voice became momentarily deeper and a bit shaky, so it may have been difficult to control. This ability was hidden until this episode. In the episode No Going Back, when Adam uses it in school to break the X-Ray machine, Principal Perry mistook the shock wave it created for an earthquake.
- Voice Mimicry: Adam displays this bionic ability in Bionic Showdown, when he activated his blast wave, his voice dropped and lower similar to Chase's Commando App
- Mental Link: Adam is able to receive information from Chase mentally, in a method similar to sending an email. He describes the process as tingling. (Sink or Swim)
- Bionic Fusion Attack: Adam's Bionics can be linked to Chase's and Bree's through Chase's Override app, allowing them to create one large fusion attack. Adam must be overridden by Chase, along with Bree, and then the three must stand in a perfect triangle with their arms linked. Then the energy will be charged up, and once it is ready it gets blasted from Chase's side. However, it will cause them to pass out as it is very draining and is only used as a last resort.
- Underwater Breathing: As shown in Sink or Swim, Adam can breathe underwater for a prolonged amount of time. His ability, Pressurized Lung Capacity, is related to this.
- Pressurized Lung Capacity: Because of his bionically enhanced muscles and natural strong lungs, Adam can blow a gale force super breath. (Armed and Dangerous). Adam calls it his "blow thingy". He was able to blow a bunch of people to the hospital (Rise of the Secret Soldiers), easy put out fires before it hit fuel tanks (Under Siege), freeze a cracked fuel tank with Daniel help (And Then There Were Four), and used it as a powerful fan on a hot day (Space Colony).
- Martial Arts/Hand to Hand Combat: Being trained by Donald Davenport, Adam is strong in the art of hand-to-hand combat with the rest of his family. Though Adam seems to prefer to using his bionics in a fight. However, his fighting skills were no match for Krane, who easily outmaneuvered Adam and his other siblings.
- Quick Thinking: Though rarely seen, Adam has shown to, on occasion, have good ideas and be a fast thinker, especially during missions, such as in Mission: Space, when he said that he would use his heat vision to close the hole as an alternative. His quick thinking can also be seen in Missin' The Mission, Speed Trapped, Leo vs Evil, No Going Back where he suggested to use his Blast Wave against Perry's X-ray machine, Sink or Swim where he came up with a lie when caught by the captain, and in The Curse of the Screaming Skull where he quickly formulated the idea to pretend to be infected with Douglas' virus: throwing on Bree's makeup and using his heat vision to make his eyes look red and skin to mimic Bree and Chase's conditions.
- Bravery: Adam is very brave in the face of adversary and is willing to give himself for others.
- Interrogation Resistance Training: It is mentioned in You Posted What?!? that Adam and his siblings have all been trained in interrogation resistance by Donald. It proved useful when Perry interrogated him, he was able to come up with a lie, something of which his family was not sure Adam had it in him.
- Delayed Reaction: Adam's Super Durability, combined with his low intelligence, can cause him to have a delayed response to injury or pain. When Adam received a dislocation in the episode "Bro Down", he didn't feel anything until his injury was pointed out to him.
- Super Strength Unawareness: Though his super strength cannot glitch, Adam sometimes remains unaware that he is using his bionic strength, as he took his bookbag and a chair with him when he stormed out of the cafeteria, away from Chase. Bree had to point out he was using his super strength when he used the ability in front of a student. (Luckily, he did not remember anything after dodgeball).
- Uncontrolled Super Strength: Sometimes Adam's super strength is unintentionally accessed (mostly while he's unaware or oblivious), such as in Missin' The Mission, when he accidentally hit Mr. Davenport across the room, and in Leo's Jam, when he lifted Danielle so high that she went through the ceiling. Adam actually prefers being unbelievably strong, as shown in My Little Brother.
- Plasma Grenades: When Adam is excited, he sometimes loses control of his plasma grenades.
- Speaking Backwards: After being exposed to the LEMP (local electromagnetic pulse), he can only talk backwards until he is rebooted.
- Uncontrolled Heat Vision: When Adam is angered, he sometimes loses control of his heat vision. (Robot Fight Club)
- Heat Vision Sneeze: Sometimes when Adam sneezes, he unintentionally activates his heat vision as shown in Hole In One, when he sneezes a hole in Davenport's painting.
- Flame Vision: As a glitch of his heat vision, Adam can shoot beams of flames out his eyes. since the first episode it was shown, Adam can seem to switch from fire to laser in his heat vision. (Crush, Chop and Burn, Taken, and You Posted What?!?).
- Vocal Manipulation: When he got his blast wave ability his voice changed.
- Doomsday Virus: Because Adam had the Triton App, it left a doomsday virus that Krane installed. If Krane got killed, the virus would activate after six months and would cause him to self-destruct after ten hours.
- Super Speed: (Chip Switch only)
- Super Intelligence: (Chip Switch only)
- Override App: In Simulation Manipulation, Adam was given an Override App by Donald. Unlike Chase, it seems only Donald can activate it.
Adam usually wears blue jeans, and many different types of tops. His clothes selection contains plain T-shirts or a hoodie. Adam also has his hair up unless he is on a mission, where his hair is then parted to the side.
|For the image gallery of Adam Davenport see Adam Davenport/Gallery.|
- He is the world's first bionic superhuman.
- He is 6'2.
- Adam would have been killed the same way Bree, Chase, and Marcus: being crushed by boulders.
- He can set up a zip line in ten minutes.
- Adam has an "ePod" with a playlist called Taylor Swift Megamix, and claims that Taylor Swift's music is soothing.
- He doesn't wear socks, but likes to use them as hand puppets.
- Adam is the first of the Lab Rats to show off his bionics: first his strength (punching through the metal door and picking Chase up from the ground), and then his heat vision (shooting his laser eyes at Bree, missing).
- When saying where they wanted to go, Adam said he just wanted to go upstairs, implying that they have never been outside of the lab.
- The first day he came to Mission Creek High, he had a dream of becoming a cheerleader. This dream was later achieved, but he ended up quitting because the team was making fun of Bree.
- Danielle referred to him as the handsome one out of him, Leo, and Chase.
- In Season 1, Adam couldn't not spell simple words like "no" and "on." He thinks they are spelled as "noo" and "onn."
- He also cannot spell his own name.
- He seems to like warm seats: the talking ones on the toilet and the new ones Davenport included in their first mission suit upgrades. He also asked if there was some in Davenport's limo.
- He thinks he, Bree, Chase need a new father. However, he's acknowledged that Douglas is their father, by saying he ordered father's day gifts for both Donald and Douglas.
- He is good at getting popularity, helping Chase get more popularity votes in the Student of the Semester competition. He even got a large amount of votes for himself.
- After winning the Student of the Semester contest, he caught Chase drawing over the portrait awarded to him; he then stated that he wanted to do so, and ruined his own "cheesy picture".
- Adam has always wanted a pig.
- Adam also wanted a purple pony named Blue.
- He claimed that he had cankles, based on what he read in "Bree's girly magazines."
- The first time Adam got injured, he dislocated his arm.
- Adam has quit the team twice.
- It is revealed that Adam has a precocious side to him when it comes to safety.
- Adam can drive. His first car is a monster truck.
- Adam is an animal-lover; he had a pet horse.
- It is also implied that Adam never reads and according to Donald, Adam gnaws books instead of reading it.
- Adam's chip is colored red.
- Caitlin had a crush on Adam, but he convinced her to like Chase.
- Adam hoped that his secret ability was to be able to communicate with raccoons, since he believed that they are hiding something.
- He is the first mentioned to have a glitch.
- Adam reveals that he and his brother and sister are half-Irish.
- All he gets in the shower is pruny fingers.
- He likes granola bars.
- He makes fun of Chase's height all the time.
- He has known Chase for 16 years, and sometimes forgets that Chase's capsule is in the middle. He probably thought they were in alphabetical order.
- Out of his bionic siblings, he is the oldest, but the least intelligent.
- He does not like beards.
- He does not like it when people criticize casual business attire.
- Chase has made a list of everything he's ever eaten, which he calls his "Incredible Edibles".
- Adam is ticklish.
- His middle name is Charles.
- He labels his shoes "left" and "not left".
- He wants to be a florist.
- He formerly worked for the government.
- He called his ticklish spots, his "giggle spots".
- He seems to like meatloaf.
- He has pet kiwis.
- He owns a nurple (a popular toy).
- His action figure can shoot heat vision's, just like him.
- He doesn't know how the story, The Boy Who Cried Wolf works. He thinks the Boy is named Wolf, who cried a lot. And after that, his friends never believe him and then his grandmother ate him.
- He likes Owen's art.
- In a magazine, people thought he was the team leader.
- He had a pet fish which died. He then buried the gold fish along with the aquarium. When the Bionic Soldiers use their energy transfer to save Leo, he retrieved the glass with the fish (and the dirt) in an attempt to revive it using the same technique, even though it was never tested on a dead person (both Donald and Leo being barely alive when it was used on them).
- He thinks Donald is a witch.
- He can't tell the difference between a shark and a catfish.
- He joked that he has supernumerary nipple, or in other words, a third nipple.
- Due to the fact that he has never used his Plasma Grenades at will, it is possible that Plasma Grenades isn't an ability, however, is a glitch itself.
- He makes new styles for his armpit hair.
- He wore Sebastian's shoes.
- Tank is stronger than Adam.
- It seems at least once per season, Adam has a habit of randomly taking any living being that's left unattended/abandoned. Among the "animals" he stole/picked up include:
- He was controlled by Otis' Override App.
- He has scholar glasses.
- His favorite colors are red and blue.
- He can do a German accent.
- He didn't know Tasha and Donald were married.
- He was bit by a poisonous spider once and almost died.
- Adam once got a parking ticket.
- Adam thinks you spell "Eiffel" like "Falafel" and also "Awful" as "Falafel".
- Adam knocked out The Crusher, the strongest man in the universe.
- Adam seems to have trouble admitting he loves Chase; he usually punches Chase to show affection, rather than saying to him he loves him.
- Adam doesn't know all the names of his students.
- Adam says that Halloween is the best holiday.
- Adam thinks Finland invented dogs.
- Adam had a cardboard cut-out of Leo, which he lost when it went into the sea with Davenport's limo.
- Adam seems to like blowing things up/breaking things.
- Adam once looked up how to legally stop being brothers with either Leo or Chase.
- Adam has a laptop; although it is now destroyed due to Bob slamming it onto the ground.
- Adam created his own family tree.
- It is revealed that Adam once made a jacket out of beef jerky for himself, which Bree had thrown away.
- Adam has a fear of aliens; ironically, he does end up meeting Skylar Storm, who's an alien herself (though at the time he was unaware that she is an alien).
- According to Chase, Adam has always said he wants to be treated like a grown-up.
- Adam has always wanted to do 2 things in space/zero gravity: to blow bubble gum bubbles and to pee - both of which he did later on.