|“||Mr. Davenport made us superhuman, because when all else fails, we can't.||”|
The Lab Rats get their first mission to stop Davenport's hi-tech super fast train from speeding out of control. Leo sneaks along, but when the Lab Rats discover he accidentally discarded the braking system they were supposed to install, they must improvise a way to stop the train before it crashes into a nearby town. Meanwhile, Tasha is given her big break at the TV news station when her boss asks her to cover the runaway train. She misses to see the train and fails the report. After Leo stops the train, Tasha finds out and she grounds Leo for two weeks in his room without television, video games and leaving the house, but Leo shortens his grounding to one week without Tasha knowing.
- Billy Unger as Chase Davenport
- Spencer Boldman as Adam Davenport
- Kelli Berglund as Bree Davenport
- Tyrel Jackson Williams as Leo Dooley
- Hal Sparks as Donald Davenport
- The Lab Rats go on their very first mission.
- Leo goes on his first mission as well.
- In this episode, Tasha's job as a News Reporter is revealed.
- This is the first appearance of the Lab Rats mission suits.
- This is the first episode where Adam, Bree, and Chase don't wear street clothes.
- This is the first episode which Mission Creek High School does not make an appearance.
- The events of this episode were mentioned in You Posted What?!? and Unauthorized Mission.
- This episode foreshadows each of the Lab Rats’ fates in the series: Chase was frozen in Avalanche!, Adam was submerged in Sink or Swim and Bree was baked in The Vanishing.
- The episode's title is a parody of the 2006 film, Snakes on a Plane.
- Leo mentions Wile E. Coyote
|“||If you didn't waste your life watching cartoons every day, we might all be dead right now.||”|
— Chase to Leo
|“||Well, if I were to build a high-speed train, the first thing I would have put in was a cup holder. Oh! And one of those bumper stickers on the back that says, "I brake for cows."||”|
|“||Bree: We can't quit now.
Chase: If we do, it means we failed our first mission.
Adam: Yeah, we've been training our whole lives for this moment now. I'm not giving up.
— Adam, Bree and Chase to Leo
|“||We put ourselves in danger for the sake of humanity.||”|
|“||We're all in this together. I may not be superhuman, but it doesn't mean I can't be a hero.||”|
|“||Donald: Leo, just because you can't go on the train doesn't mean we can't have fun here. I'll... I'll pop in the Goober the Spunky Caboose DVD for ya!
Leo: I'm fourteen.
Donald: Okay, then pop it in yourself!
— Donald and Leo
|“||Leo: I can handle extreme cold.
Donald: Leo, you get brain freeze from chewing mint gum.
— Leo and Donald
|“||Bree: Leo, this is too dangerous for you.
Leo: Please. My middle name is "Danger."
Adam: Thought it was "Francis."
Leo: (levelly) It's pronounced "Danger."
— Bree. Adam, and Leo
|“||I don't have morning breath. It smells like that all day.||”|
|“||Donald: My auxiliary decelerator will stop anything - ocean liners, freight trains, tanks, eighteen-wheelers, twelve-wheelers...
Leo: Does it stop unnecessarily long explanations?
Donald: (glares at Leo) Apparently so.
— Donald and Leo
|“||I just spent four hours in a bag without a bathroom. I think my support goes without saying.||”|
|“||Leo: The answer is simple: If Sally's on a train traveling at a certain speed - X, she's gonna reach the curve at a certain speed - Y. All we need to do is multiply X by Y to find out if we have enough track left to stop.
Chase: Okay... but what if Sally is sitting on enough nuclonium to reduce an entire city to a stain?
Leo: Well, then Sally should've taken the bus!
— Leo and Chase
|“||Leo: So, what's our next mission? A runaway rocket or a sinking battleship?
Chase: How about trying to explain this entire thing to your mom?
Leo: That's a mission we'll never return from.
— Leo and Chase
|The image gallery for Rats on a Train may be viewed here.|
Rats on a Train!