|“||Blowing stuff up on Christmas! It is the most wonderful time of the year.||”|
Adam, Bree, and Chase go on a rescue mission to Davenport’s secret facility in the frozen tundra to save Dr. Evans from a volcanic eruption. Meanwhile, Principal Perry crashes in on Donald, Leo and Tasha's Christmas to tell them that she accidentally ran into their decorations and she has to wait for a driver to pick her up. At Dr. Evan's place, there was an aftershock causing a crack in his gamma-sphere. Chase makes a temporary force-field around it and Adam, Bree and Dr. Evans planted explosives to the gamma-sphere, also destroying the secret facility. Later, Principal Perry cooks dinner for the family, but makes Donald pay for it. The episode ends with everyone spitting out their food, as Principal Perry tells them that she has accidentally cut off a bit of her pinky while chopping the veggies.
- This episode is part of Disney XD's Winter Wonder What?.
- It is revealed that some of Davenport's staff know about Adam, Bree, and Chase's bionics.
- Perry's cats are shown in this episode. The cats' names are also revealed.
- Chase reveals that he is currently fifteen.
- It is revealed that Donald has a research lab in the arctic.
- If the Lab Rats had been sent away in Crush, Chop and Burn, they would have lived at Facility X with Dr. Evans.
- This is the first Lab Rats Christmas episode, with the second being Merry Glitchmas.
- This is the last episode to air in 2013.
- When Chase was wrapped in Christmas lights, the lights were on. However, they weren't plugged into anything.
- After Adam, Bree, Chase and Dr. Evans dive into the snow, they get up without even a flake on them.
- When Adam, Bree, Chase, and Dr. Evans run out of the facility, for a short second you can see them standing still, and then start to run.
- Tundras are very windy areas, yet when Dr. Evans and the team are outside, there is no wind.
- When Adam, Bree, Chase and Dr. Evans leave Facility X, their footsteps sound as if they're walking on a studio floor rather than crunching on arctic snow. Their voices also sound as if they're in a room rather than out in the open.
- In one of the shots of the gamma-sphere you can see a part of the Mission Creek High School gym wall
|“||Well, that is Davenport Industries: risking the fate of Mankind since 1992.||”|
|“|| Chase: Can we patch the crack?
Dr. Evans: Patch the crack? Billion-dollar technology, unstable energy source... Sure, let's put a little chewing gum in there and see if that works.
Chase: Startin' to see why the hologram-wife left.
|“|| Donald: You know, after spending time with Perry, the Grinch doesn't seem like such a bad guy.
Leo: Yeah. At least after he took everyone's presents, he WENT HOME!
|“|| Chase: It's everything okay?|
Dr Evans: Communications are down and the pizza guy's 4 years late. But other than that, I'm fine.
— Chase and Dr Evans
|“|| Tasha: Well, you're welcome to stay with us for a while.|
Donald: No, she's really not.
Perry: I couldn't... without grabbing a few things from my car.
Leo: What curse have you brought upon this house!?
|“||Well, I didn't make this meal out of love. I made it with skill, sweat, and whatever came off the tip of my pinky when I was chopping the veggies.||”|
— Principal Perry
|The image gallery for Twas the Mission Before Christmas may be viewed here.|
Twas the Mission Before Christmas!